There are many ways to donate to charitable organizations and foundations . Giving money to them directly is one method; others include:
- Gifting highly appreciated securities.
- Gifting money from retirement plans, such as IRAs.
- Contributing securities to a donor advised fund.
- Leaving retirement funds to a charity via estate planning.
- Setting up a charitable trust or foundation.
There are advantages (and possible disadvantages) to each. The best giving method depends on various factors related to your financial picture and goals.
To determine the right option for you, contact one of our advisors to learn more.