Redwood Wealth Management is always searching for smart, energetic individuals to join our team. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service, advice and results for our clients. We offer a professional and team-oriented culture where employees can use their talents to succeed and grow with our firm.
View Our Open Positions Below:
Job Title: Director
Department/Division: Financial Planning
Objective: Assists Wealth Managers by developing high level financial planning strategies and managing the Financial Planning team along with other Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to the following:
FINANCIAL PLANNING ANALYSIS:
- Collaborates with Wealth Managers and other Directors on overall financial planning strategy, implementation, and efficiencies.
- Supervises detailed financial plan creation, including cash flow management, education planning, retirement planning, Social Security planning, investment planning, risk management, insurance planning, tax planning, and estate planning.
- Assists Wealth Managers with recommendations and analysis of complex financial planning and investment strategies.
- Completes an in-depth review of documents prepared for meetings by Financial Planners and works with the Financial Planners so that work output is consistently error-free. The goal is for Wealth Managers to high-level review output from the Planning team without concerns about errors or the variables/assumptions used.
- Supports Wealth Managers with client prospects; gathers and documents personal and financial data and prepares for meetings tailored to that particular prospect.
- Reviews tax returns in detail and develops strategies to mitigate taxes.
- Works with Financial Planners to develop flow-charts for existing client estate planning and proposals for changes to the current estate plan.
- Coordinates with estate planning attorneys, insurance agents, and accountants on behalf of the clients. This may include joint phone calls and meetings.
- Communicates and meets with existing clients along with a Wealth Manager; explains performance reports, answers client questions, completes or disseminates follow up emails and tasks, etc.
- Meets with clients alone or with a Financial Planner based on requests from the Wealth Manager. The Director may directly manage relatively less complex clients.
- Collaborates with Wealth Managers and the Portfolio Analyst Team for initial and ongoing investment management of client portfolios.
- Supervises Financial Planners along with other Directors.
- Provides formal training and guidance to Financial Planners.
- Performs performance reviews and goal setting for direct reports through the firm’s performance management process.
PROCESSES & TECHNOLOGY
- Establishes best practices for analyzing client data using financial software, spreadsheets, and online resources.
- Supervises the development, implementation, and subsequent ongoing maintenance of specific financial planning uses of various software – current software packages include eMoney, Black Diamond, Salesforce/XLR8, BNA.
- Recommends and develops policies, procedures, and systems for continual improvement to the financial planning processes.
- Works closely with Operations and Portfolio Analysts to develop best practices for process implementation and collaboration, especially as it relates to new client onboarding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in the latest Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with firm’s current software is highly desirable – Salesforce/XLR8, Fidelity WealthScape, TD Ameritrade Veo, Black Diamond, BNA, Morningstar, eMoney.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and operate with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent financial acumen; expertise in tax planning and estate planning preferable.
- Be able to work with different Wealth Manager styles and processes.
- If desired, solicit and bring on clients. Note – this is NOT a requirement of the position. A bonus based on overall account size will be paid out for new Redwood Wealth Management clients directly brought on by a Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited four-year college or university required. Master’s degree and degree in Financial Planning or Finance preferred.
- CFP® designation required.
- 5-7 years of Financial Planning experience with at least 2 years in a management/supervisory role.
Please submit employment inquiries and resumes to email@example.com