Estate planning requires more than transferring wealth to your loved ones through a will. It involves creating a higher-level strategy that also can address areas such as: charitable goals and protecting assets from third parties, such as creditors, predators, and estate and income taxes.
Our coordinated approach lays the groundwork for an estate plan that will complement your overall financial plan and goals. Our services include:
- Coordinating with an estate planning attorney.
- Updating beneficiaries for accounts under our management as well as those outside our supervision, such as company retirement plans and life insurance policies.
- Various aspects of multi-generational planning:
- conducting family meetings to help you and various generations (i.e., parents, children) understand your overall wealth strategy
- helping you decide if, when and how much of your estate will pass to future generations
- reviewing how your parents’ estate plan may affect your planning
- Ensuring you not only have a will in place, but other important documents as well:
- financial power of attorney
- healthcare directives/living will
- various trust documents (if needed)
Additionally, if you become an executor or trustee, we can assist you and the attorney with the complexities and responsibilities of such roles.
Contact us to learn more.